Sunday, January 26, 2014

Another Week in Paradise

This week we met the Sutherlands, the new Senior couple. They are from Rexberg, Idaho. We were with them on the first day here training them at Jacob Hamlins' home. He is a cabinet maker and she a Professor at BYU Idaho. They will be a great strength to the mission. Yesterday was our P day. It seems that this was only our second P day that we have had on a Saturday. We did a little yard sailing and found a few fun things. Darolyne found a  complete set of decor for a young ladies wedding, it was cool and had a cowboy cowgirl theme, so she bought it for Hailee. I feel bad because I am missing Brodies' basket ball games he is scoring in the 20s every game. The weather here has been outstanding in the 60s every day for the last month. Today we go back to Jacobs house and then we are having some Sister Missionaries over for dinner, Sisters West and Miller. I came about this quote from Harold B. Lee the other day,"Testimony: when your heart tells you things your mind doesn't understand" At Jacobs I was giving my best to this cute little family with daughters. In Jacobs house are three very small   fireplaces, when we were upstairs I heard this young girl ask her dad "daddy can Santa Clause get down that chimney". Here it was evident that some of the things I teach really are above these kids level but I do believe they can feel the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment