Monday, March 3, 2014

A Week Later

I haven't written for a week. Darolyne and I have been ill but we do go to  work. This last week we  have been training the Kahonas' from Hawaii. The Cannons have gone home. They trained us 10 months ago and have been stalwarts in our group. This last week there have been several highs when I gave a book of Mormon to a couple from Saskatchewan. Also gave a Book of Mormon to a lady from Alabama. She was very interested in American Indians. I shared with her my experience with the Ute Indians. Then I taught her about the Book of Mormon and how it was a history of the American Indians. She said she would like to read it. Darolyne gave two Books of Mormons to three from Texas. They were also going to Deseret Book to get a Doctrine and Covenants. When I tell of given Books to people what I mean is we teach them about the Church and invite them to read the Book of Mormon. We only give out books to people who are not LDS. There are many experiences we have with members of our church active or less active. People do not come to the sites unless there is a reason. I have been going to Monday morning meetings with the Director. Also our new duty of Friday night devotionals have kicked in and has caused stress for both of us because it is quite detailed and it has to go off each Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment